15 Reasons to consider Costa Ballena
From the day that a new coastal highway lifted the veil on Costa Rica’s southwestern Pacific coast, the Costa Ballena region’s lush beauty has been conjuring up both dreams and realities of life among its secluded beaches, lush rainforest canopy and coastal mountains.
If you’re one of a growing number of visitors who are turning their dreams into reality, then here are 15 features to add to the equation when considering buying a home in Costa Rica’s beautiful Costa Ballena region:
- With a challenging landscape and an undeveloped region, the most experienced builders have descended upon Costa Ballena to build high quality homes that seamlessly blend into the region’s pristine natural beauty.
- Costa Ballena is a narrow stretch where Costa Rica’s mountains meet the Pacific Ocean, providing buyers with the best of all lifestyles, from beach proximity, to rainforest living and dramatic mountain vistas.
- Costa Ballena offers Costa Rica’s best priced range of condominiums, villas, townhouses and luxury homes, at a fraction of Gold Coast prices further north.
- Costa Rican real estate investments rose by 15-20% annually between 2000 and 2008 and Costa Ballena values are projected to rise rapidly over the next few years.
- Rental income in Costa Rica is high and market demand in the Costa Ballena region currently exceeds supply.
- The Costa Rican legal system protects investors, and real estate laws for foreigners are the same as for Costa Rican nationals. Fee simple ownership allows buyers to own, sell, lease or renovate their properties.
- Costa Rica offers extremely low property tax rates starting at just 0.25%, and rising to only 0.55% for multi-million dollar homes.
- Costa Rica is an economically and politically stable country and is viewed by investors as one of the safest emerging real estate markets.
- The Costa Ballena region gets far fewer visitors than other regions in Costa Rica and has embraced low-impact development excluding large resorts and high-rises.
- Costa Ballena is nestled into the most bio-diverse region of Costa Rica.
- Within close proximity of the U.S., Costa Ballena offers affordable luxury that would cost at least 10 times more along the California coastline.
- Costa Rica is one of the safest countries in Latin America and “Ticos” in the Costa Ballena region are educated, warm and welcoming. The region is also home to a large number of North American baby boomers and retirees.
- Costa Ballena offers a diversity of breathtaking, unpopulated beaches that include whale-watching, surfing and plenty of warm water for bathers.
- Legal residency can be obtained in just a few years, with temporary residency status afforded to those who apply. You can also live in Costa Rica as a non-resident and can remain in the country for up to 90 days at a time.
- The Costa Ballena region offers reliable utility services, high-speed Internet and 3G cellphone service.
You may be interested
Whale Tail An Oddity of NatureEdition - Oct 15, 2017
The Whale Tail is the result of converging currents. These currents deposit sand on top of the rock formations to create the unique,…
San Martin BeachEdition - Apr 09, 2017
If you are looking for pristine beaches, magical waterfalls, natural rain forest filled with wildlife, the San Martin area in Costa Ballena is the place…
Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica: A Paradise on EarthEdition - Apr 09, 2017
Manuel Antonio National Park located at the pacific coast of Costa Rica, is a natural Paradise. This spectacular place is 1571 kilometers far…